Thursday, December 17, 2009

Mexico -- OCAMPO

I'm cheating a bit -- technically, some of these photos weren't taken in Ocampo, but, since they feature Ocampo residents and the setting is not important, I'm including them in this category. In the same vein: Adriana and I didn't live in Ocampo. In fact, we lived much closer to Angangueo, in a neighborhood called La Junta. However, we consider ourselves Ocampenses, and so I'm putting the pictures taken in our house here, too.


Adriana shows off our homemade tamales.




Adriana attempts to teach me how to smear tamal filling in the corn husk. Instead, I break the corn husk. (You're looking at our dining room!)




The tree in Ocampo's plaza, dubbed "Ramon" by Adriana (because, you know, it has a big rama).




Ocampo from afar.




The September 16th parade! The very first thing I saw in Ocampo.



Okay, that's the teaser. I'm not going to post any more pictures tonight because I have ambitious plans for tomorrow (which include waking up at the ungodly hour of 8:00 am -- that's pre-dawn!) and need to sleep in order to carry them out. I'll try to post more pictures tomorrow.

If you're reading this, let me know and you'll get a special prize.

1 comment:

  1. Uh, do you still have that special prize?
    c.

    ReplyDelete