Friday, December 18, 2009

Mexico -- OCAMPO (continued)


Adriana stands proud by our indoor clothesline, where we hung clothes up to dry on rainy days.



From left to right: Adriana, Fierros, Eduardo, and Freddy. One of my goals in life is to look as gentle as Eduardo does.



A rainbow in Ocampo!



Anaisa in her kitchen.



Nina the Lopsided Kitten. Notice that her left leg sticks out -- it's "bionic" (says Adriana).



Nina stares down a bug from the windowsill. Adriana's red car, Baby Boy, does its best to make a snazzy background.



Ricardo and Gabriel came with Adriana and me to a bar and club in Zitacuaro, the closest city to Ocampo. Don't they look thrilled to be there?



Adriana and I sure are thrilled. (I'm glad I don't pick up on the more subtle social situations, like people running away from me in horror when I flash them an enthusiastic smile, because my self-esteem would probably plummet.)



This is Ocampo's Rio Puerco. It is one of two rivers that run through Ocampo. The other is just called the Rio. One of them is dirtier than the other. Can you guess which one?!



Nina's bionic leg sometimes made her look like a bunny.

No comments:

Post a Comment