Friday, December 18, 2009

Mexico -- OCAMPO (continued)

I realize that all of these "OCAMPO (continued)" posts are not as aesthetically appealing as one long post containing all of the photos would be, but . . . DEAL WITH IT. I have my reasons. The photos continue:



Nina and I relax on our broken, dirty sofa. If you look at all of the pictures I've posted so far, you can sort of put together a picture of our house.



Adriana climbs up La Roña, our old, creaky, homicidal ladder, to inspect the water tank. See, now you can see that the outside of the house is painted pink! Actually, it was mostly red.



The marching band passes by during the November 20 parade. The drummer closest to me is Jacob, whom you will see again in another photo (not today, though).



Notice the name of the store in the background. APPROPRIATE? Quite.



"You can stand under my umbrella, ella, ella, eh eh eh"
"Te puedes parar debajo de mi sombrilla, illa, illa, eh eh eh"
Adriana has been asked to translate this song and it sounds unbelievably stupid in Spanish. But I would stand under these little kiddies' umbrellas, ellas, ellas . . .

That's all for now. Coming soon: human pyramids, UFO clouds, a large artificial Christmas tree, and stunning views of Ocampo and the surrounding countryside. Then: photos of Angangueo! Photos of Morelia! Photos of pyramids at three different sites! Photos of churches and ex-haciendas! Photos of mountains and lakes! Lots of photos.

2 comments:

  1. That is the cutest kitty in the world. Apart from mine, I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apart from Vega, I'm sure you meant. Yours must be in third place.

    ReplyDelete