Friday, August 28, 2009

Viveiro, Celeiro, and San Ciprian, Spain

Here are some more photos! I think that's probably it for today. Photos of Burela, Mondonedo (with a tilde over the second n), the boat trip, and Foz forthcoming.

1) One of the imposing gates of the city wall -- from the 16th century. I am imposed! Are you?
2) The bridge of a ship makes friends with a crane.
3) Dead trees.
4) Dead trees with murder accomplice. (I really should be in Greenpeace.)
5) The lovely town of Celeiro -- it is lovelier than it looks here.
6) Grapes growing on the roof of somebody's toolshed.
7) Potatoes.
8) Old and old-with-facelift. (Not quite old and new.)
9) This was a street of ruins.
10) Trucks at the lonja.
11) Seagulls = fishing boat.
12) Fancy-shmancy technology aboard the Pino Ladra. You have no idea what it can do. It can read your mind.
13) The concert where I made friends with little Jorge and Marta (or they made friends with me)! I have pictures of them, but I wanted to ask permission from their parents before posting them, and I'm still waiting to hear back.
14) Unloading crates of fish in the early morning.
15) This room will soon be very full and every single box of fish will be sold.
16) Industrial landscape at San Ciprian.
17) Fish farm tanks.
18) This is a pretty artsy photo, no?! I find eucalyptus trees, and especially vast groves of them, beautiful. And they squeak when the wind blows! They creak like doors. It's magical.
19) Lake of toxic waste from the aluminum plant of photo #16.
20) Another view of the lake of toxic waste. People live right next to it, and the fruit no longer stays on their fruit trees.
21) "In a town like Twin Peaks, no one is innocent." This building is in a tiny town in the middle of nowhere -- perhaps in a tiny town like Twin Peaks?
22) Very pretty.
23) Forest, farmland, and ocean -- very much Galicia.
























1 comment:

  1. I just looked at your photos and read your blog! its so wonderful to see what you are doing - and it seems like everything is going swimmingly! You are so observant about everything...you make such astut observations.... I hope I'm half as talented when I go abroad. Sending you lots of love and much luck on your next adventure!
    ~Sophie

    ReplyDelete